I am an experienced consultant and educator with a focus on implementing successful web and social media strategies for libraries, small businesses, and nonprofit organizations. I also teach social media literacy skills to students, professionals, and families.
I have an MS in Educational Media from Portland State University and an MLIS from Simmons College. I began my career as a school librarian and have worked in a variety of both traditional and non-traditional library settings, including Wolters Kluwer Health and Ernst & Young. Most recently I worked as the Digital Solutions Consultant at NELINET. My interests and expertise include social media, usability, and taxonomy.
Contact me today to discuss how I can help you succeed with your project!
Partial List of Past Speaking Engagements
- Generation Y @ Your Library – Massachusetts Commonwealth Consortium of Libraries in Public Higher Education Institutions (MCCLPHEI)
- Library 2.0 – Maine Library Association
- Engaging Your Users: 24/7 Bibliographic Instruction – North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries (NAHSL)
- Public Library Tech Trends – NELINET Public Library Symposium
- Open Source Software for Libraries – Maine Library Association
- The mice think they are right, but my cat eats them anyway: Next generation perceptions / Next generation realities – NELINET Director’s Forum
- From Shush to Push: Technology and the Modern Librarian – Massachusetts Health Sciences Library Network (MAHSLIN)
- Generation 4.0 – Connecticut Library Association, Vermont Library Association, and New Hampshire Library Association